segunda-feira, 29 de maio de 2017

Observation Class [May 27th, 2017] Collocations & Learning a Language


I.
01. It's extremely/highly questionable.
02. I'm fully aware of it.
Eg.:I'm fully aware they're alive.
Estou ciente de que estão vivos.
> Example taken from site http://context.reverso.net/traducao/ingles-portugues/I%27m+fully+aware

03. The book is extremely disappointing.
04. They are generally happy at work.
05. It's practially impossible to do that.
----- -----
II.
01. vividly remember
02. strongly agree/believe
03. thoroughly enjoy/regret - completamente
04. deeply regret
05. entirely agree
----- -----
III.
01. I vividly remember...
02. ...'s intentions/quality are/is highly/extremely questionable.
03. I'm fully aware of...
04. I deeply regret...
05. I strongly believe that...
----- -----

IV. When we are talking about films, books (for instance):
[[ SIMPRE PRESENT and PRESENT CONTINUOUS ]]

01. This book tells (telll) us the story of... >>> summarizing the plot
02. Ann is walking (walk) home alone when... >>> creating a sense of immediacy
03. It is (be) a brilliant film that... >>> expressing an opinion
----- -----
V. A BOOK/FILM/PLAY YOU DID NOT LIKE
01. It's a(n) obscure/well-known book/film
02. It's an account of... >>> É um relato de...
03. It didn't mean anything to me because...
04. I vividly remeber reading/seeing it and being absolutely...
05. I was depressed by how...

Talk about:
> the plot
> a character
> the atmosphere
> how you felt
> the effect on you
----- -----
VI. LEARNING A LANGUAGE
01. It's all around you, you hear it all the time. >>> To be immersed in a language
02. To get familiarized after hearing a language for some time. >>> To be exposed to
03. To speak well enough to do things in daily life. >>> To get by
04. When you start to use the language more fluently. >>> To get to grip with
05. To start learning a language. >>> to take up

Eg.: to grip: agarrar/compreender

06.
Travelling helps you learn a language because it's all around you.
Travelling helps you learn a language because you're immersed in it.

07.
I learned a bit of Greek in my trip.
I picked up a bit of Greek in my trip.

08.
I don't speak Spanish very well, but I know the language enough to survive.
I don't have a good command of Spanish but I can get by.

09.
The problem is that they don't speak the same language.
The problem is the language barrier.
----- -----
VII. [page28/number 04]
01. to get to grips with: lidar com
02. to get by: se virar
03. exposure to: exposto a
04. express myself: expressar-me
05. being immersed in
06. have a basic conversation
07. to take up
----- -----
VIII.
01. Importance of English for you
02. What has helped you
03. Your difficulties
04. Other languages



***
LINKS IMPORTANTES:
***
MEUS ARTIGOS ACADÊMICOS:

>> Coração Partido: o meu erro foi demais!
>> Botar a cara, ninguém quer!
>> Os benefícios da Sinceridade!
>> Madonna | 58 anos | Ela não para! [Ano por Ano] [Álbuns, Clipes, Filmes, Documentários, Teatro, Turnês e Recordes]
>> Sonhos, Amizades & Família: Semana conflitante... dias turbulentos!!!
>> Anitta sempre dentro; Marcela Tavares excluída!
>> Ser homossexual: que pecado hein!
>> Eu faço parte da 'Geração Enganada'!

ANÁLISES:

TEXTOS EM CONSTANTES ATUALIZAÇÕES:

>> PESQUISA: Álbuns com o mesmo nome!
>> Marina de Oliveira - Release, Produtos, Eventos e Mais!
>> Por que Marina de Oliveira parou de cantar?
>> Sandi Patty: Versões Marina de Oliveira
>> Sandi Patty: Versões Cristiane Carvalho
>> Sandi Patty: Outras Versões

SIGA-ME NO INSTAGRAM: @raphaelppaiva

CANAL NO YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/raphyaw
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/raphaell.ppaiva

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário